Auger-Bit for professional tree house construction!
Our Baumbaron team now only uses these drills: we drill a lot, we like to drill, we drill day and night, we drill in the sun and in the rain, we drill everything that is not up in the trees – and we are very satisfied!
Find out which drill fits which GTS below …
19,00 € – 49,00 €
incl. VAT plus shipping
|✓ Made in Germany||✓ 30 Day Return|
Quality from Germany
The drill bits from Projahn have proven themselves in tough continuous use in tree house construction:
- Self-retracting thread tip enables precise and energy-saving drilling
- Precise drilling due to pre-cutter
- Shaped LEWIS helix for fast chip removal
- Hardened head and main cutting edges (CV steel)
Full battery power
For pre-drilling our large GTS, you need a cordless drill with 80 Nm torque. Almost all of the manufacturers’ top models now have enough power – with > 18V and 1.4 Ah, you should have no problem with the Auger-Bit even in hardwood. You definitely need a long handle to hold on to!
The GTS Screws are all screwed exactly horizontally into the trunk (exception: GTS Safety). Set your drill to a low speed (1st gear) to pre-drill the holes for the GTS. At low speed, your machine will have the most torque and power.
What is delivered?
1 x Auger-Bit (incl. plastic cover)
Matching size and drilling depth
Our entire range gets by with only two drills (drilling depth in brackets)!
Auger-Bit ø 36 mm:
- GTS Allstar (18.5 cm = 7,3 in)
- GTS Top (15.0 cm = 5,9 in)
- GTS Friend (14.0 cm = 5,5 in)
- GTS Free (13.5 cm 5,3 in)
- GTS Side (13.0 cm = 5,1 in)
Auger-Bit ø 24 mm:
- Lengths all the same: ltotal = 230 mm (9,05 in) ; lblade = 155 mm (6,10 in)
- Drill chuck: dshaft = 11 mm
- HS codes (customs tariff): 82075090
ø 24 mm = 0,94 in (GTS Safety, Struts):
- Total weight: 330 g
- Article number: TTS9024
ø 36 mm = 1,42 in (GTS Allstar, Top, Friend, Side, Free):
- Total weight: 750 g
- Article number: TTS9036
We are happy to rent out our tools – more info here!
Delivery times, prices, returns
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I also use other drill bits from the DIY store?
It is important that your drill has a threaded centre point that pulls the drill into the wood – with a normal drill point without a thread, drilling would be far too strenuous because you would not be able to exert enough pressure.
In addition, the cutting edge must be very sharp so that the drill is not overloaded. The length of the cutting edge must be at least as long as that of our drills.
It is also important that your drill has exactly the diameter ø 24 mm or ø 36 mm! This is the only way to ensure that the GTS Screws fit perfectly and hold securely. If you use a different drill, any guarantee and liability will be void!
Which drill machine do I need for pre-drilling?
- For hardwoods (oak, beech, ash, …) the cordless drill must be a real powerhouse – the Auger-Bit ø 36 mm and the Forstner-Bit ø 74 mm require enormous power!
- The most important thing is the torque, which should be > 120 Nm in hardwood and > 80 Nm in softwood.
- The drill chuck must have at least a ø 11 mm receptacle to accommodate our drills.