1. Shipping costs (excl. VAT, based on weight and zone):
We combine the best offers from our contractual partners DHL, Deutsche Post and GLS!
From a weight of 30 kg, another parcel must be sent. There are additional costs due to new packaging material and working time (splitting parcels, packing, labelling, registering online, etc.) — therefore, the shipping costs increase every 30 kg. We ship up to 900 kg – the specific prices incl. VAT appear when you enter the delivery address in the checkout.
Countries by zone (Europe):
* in these countries, import duty charges will probably apply, these are borne by the customer / recipient. More about this below…
Special arrangements apply to the territories of the following countries, shipping and customs costs will be higher:
- Denmark without Faroe Islands and Greenland
- Germany without Büsingen and Helgoland Island
- Finland without Aland Islands
- France without Saint-Barthélemy, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis & Furtuna, French Southern and Anarctic Territories, French Southern and Anarctic Territories, French Southern and Anarctic Territories. South and Anarctic Territories, Corsica
- Netherlands without Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten
- Italy without Campione d’Italia, Livigno, part of Lake Lugano
- Spain without Balearic Islands, Ceuta, Canary Islands, Melilla
- Portugal without Azores & Madeira
- Cyprus without Turkish part
2. Shipping and delivery time (Europe):
We dispatch our stock goods on working days (Mon – Fri), at the latest 5 days after receipt of the order. Since we work full-time as treehouse builders, it can happen that we are on assembly for several days in a row and cannot ship the goods – we ask for your understanding.
The standard shipping times are shown in the table above:
- Deviations are possible
Force majeure and other events for which we are not responsible, in particular delays in delivery by our suppliers, strikes, operational disruptions, shortages of materials and energy, entitle us to extend the delivery by the duration of the delay plus a reasonable start-up period or, insofar as it is economically justifiable, to withdraw from the contract in whole or in part.
Claims for damages on the part of the purchaser due to such a withdrawal do not exist.
- Partial deliveries are possible
If you order several items, they will be packed and shipped together. If the weight exceeds 30 kg, the goods may be divided into several packages – the postman will thank you.
“Hardware” and “Soft Goods” will be delivered separately.
- Express delivery undesired, only possible in case of emergency and only for an extra charge (via DHL Express International):
Please contact us by phone: +49 176 2333 9648
Status "Out of stock / Soon available again"
This product is currently out of stock, but is already being remade or is on its way to our warehouse. We will dispatch the item as soon as possible once it has arrived.
The delivery of our parcels
Depending on the country of destination, we ship with our partners DHL Paket, DHL Express and GLS Parcel Service.
After you have ordered, we pack your goods and register them with the parcel service.
As soon as the goods have been collected, you will automatically receive the tracking number of your parcel(s) via email (maximum weight 30kg).
- You as the recipient are responsible for receiving the goods.
- Only you can change the delivery options (drop-off location, delivery to a neighbour, …) – we are not allowed to do this.
- Parcels are usually only delivered when the recipient is at home.
- In most cases, you will be notified before the delivery and can choose a delivery option.
- If the goods are to be deposited, it is best to also post a note for the postman.
- If the recipient is not at home, a parcel slip will be left – your shipment will be deposited at a parcel shop in the neighborhood. Now there are two options:
– Pick up the parcel there in person (ID and signature required).
– Visit the website of the shipping provider (parcel label) and select further delivery options (deposit on site, …)
Collection directly from our warehouse
Save on shipping costs and visit us at the beautiful Schliersee (Bavarian Pre-Alps / Southern Germany)!
The goods can of course be viewed and purchased in our warehouse.
Please make an appointment with us:
- +49176 / 23339648
3. Customs costs:
Countries subject to customs duty (non-EU member states and special territories)
As a rule, consignments of goods to European territories that are Not EU Member States are subject to customs duty. These include:
Liechtenstein, Switzerland, United Kingdom (UK), Norway, Iceland, Serbia, Monaco, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, San Marino, Vatican City
In addition, there are territories that belong to the EU politically, but not in terms of customs law – the same regulations apply for these as for Non-EU Countries. These include:
- Denmark: Faroe Islands and Greenland
- Germany: Büsingen and Helgoland Island
- Finland: Aland Islands
- France: Saint-Barthélemy, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis & Furtuna, French Southern and Anarctic Territories, Corsica and Heland Islands. South and Anarctic Territories, Corsica
- Netherlands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten
- Italy: Campione d’Italia, Livigno, part of Lake Lugano
- Spain: Balearic Islands, Ceuta, Canary Islands, Melilla
- Portugal: Azores & Madeira
- Cyprus: Turkish part
Who bears which costs (Incoterms)?
When exporting goods to countries subject to customs duties, we use Incoterms® DAP. This is an internationally applicable customs regulation which classifies the costs incurred:
“The seller’s obligation to deliver is fulfilled as soon as the goods are made available to the buyer at the agreed place on the arriving means of transport ready for unloading. The seller is obliged to clear the goods for export, the importer/customer takes care of customs clearance and pays the customs duties.”
TheTreehouse.Shop (seller/exporter) pays all shipping costs and takes care of all necessary customs documents:
- < 1000 € value of goods: customs declaration + commercial invoices.
- 1000 – 3000 € value of goods: customs declaration + export declaration (30-40€ extra) + commercial invoices
- > 3000€ value of goods: customs declaration + export accompanying document (50-100€ extra) + commercial invoices
The customer (consignee/importer) must pay all applicable fees in the destination country:
- VAT / import tax
- other customs duties
The customer is usually requested to transfer the amount to the local customs authority (bank, PayPal, …) already during the release by customs.
The customer is advised to ask the customs or tax authorities for details before placing the order.
What are the costs for the recipient?
Unfortunately, we have no idea about this – feel free to write us about your experiences: email@example.com
Who pays the VAT?
Geographically, Europe comprises 50 individual countries, 27 of which belong to the European Union EU. When shipping to EU member states, the recipient must pay German VAT of 19%. The prices on our website are therefore gross prices including German VAT.
To all other 23 non-EU member states, the goods are sold without VAT – the corresponding import taxes must then be paid to the customs authority in the respective country of the recipient. The customer pays the VAT in his own country.
United Kingdom (UK & Brexit)
With Brexit, the United Kingdom (UK) has left the European Union and will have the status of a third country for customs purposes from the EU’s perspective (from 1.1.2021). This means that from this date, the shipment of parcels between the EU and the UK will be subject to customs supervision and customs formalities will have to be fulfilled.
Unfortunately, shipping costs have increased as the export procedure (registration and paperwork) has become much more complex.
What customs fees are charged when shipping our goods?
TheTreehouse.Shop takes care of the paperwork and costs for the entire export from Germany to UK customs (registration, export declaration, export accompanying documents); these costs are between €30 and €50 extra for us.
The end customer in the UK bears all further costs incurred in the UK (import tax & possibly further customs costs). The customer will be notified by our contract partner “DHL Express” via email during shipping and asked to pay these costs (PayPal, bank transfer, etc). This means that customs charges are usually paid before the goods are received.
Attention Tool Rental: Unfortunately tool hire is no longer possible due to the high customs duties that have been levied on several occasions when returning tools from the UK to Germany. The purchase of tools is still possible – we ask for your understanding.
Customs duties may also be levied on our “soft goods” (T-shirts, etc.) as these are produced and shipped worldwide.
What does the customer have to do?
- From commercial customers (B2B) we always need an EORI number.
- For private customers:
– Invoice amount < 150 €: we need the identity card number for export.
– Invoice amount > 150€: Order possible as normal
The order is placed quite regularly in our online shop, the payment methods work as usual.
The packages leave our warehouse after 5 – 10 working days. As a rule, we ship with DHL.
For Switzerland, customs duties are mandatory:
The customer bears the customs and handling costs upon import. So far we have not received any negative feedback from our Swiss neighbours – but you should be aware that these costs may be incurred and there may be corresponding delays in delivery.
Swiss customs is the only nation in the world that applies the weight duty. This means that goods are not customs cleared according to their value, but according to their weight. The tariffs are calculated in “francs per 100 kg” (ormal maximum 1 SF / kg).
To make the customs process as smooth as possible, we attach a “customs declaration CN23” and the “commercial invoice with original signature in block letters” to the outside of the parcel. For parcels with a value of goods > €1000, we also attach an export accompanying document (ABD). This usually ensures that the parcels do not have to be opened, thus avoiding extra costs.
Returns from Switzerland:
Of course, the Swiss also have a 30-day right of return. The customer bears all costs for the return.
As Norway is not a member state of the European Union, all consignments of goods must be sent with appropriate accompanying documents. The dispatch of blank forms and technical drawings is also not possible as document dispatch from a quantity of 16 pieces.
Correct address data, goods value information as well as goods descriptions for USA shipments are among the best precautions to ensure smooth processing by the US customs authorities and thus punctual delivery of your express shipments in the USA. You can find all the details here.
Information of the consignee:
in the case of a commercial recipient (company): indication of the Turkish tax number (VAT-ID):
in the case of Turkish private individuals: Indication of the Turkish identity card number:
in the case of private persons without Turkish nationality (e.g. hotel guests): indication of the passport number.
Details of the consignment:
Indication of the first four digits (optimally the first six) of the Turkish goods tariff number.
To ensure a smooth shipment, all the above information must be clearly indicated on the import documents. If the necessary information is not included in the consignment note and/or the commercial/proforma invoice, transit time delays may occur during import into Turkey.
Important: It is not sufficient to enter the VAT ID of the consignee in the corresponding field in Intraship. The VAT ID must be indicated on the invoice.
Examples of correctly completed import papers can be found here.
For more information on customs, export & import of goods, please visit our shipping partner DHL: link
4. Worldwide shipping – Africa, Asia, Australia, South America, North America
As a German manufacturer, our focus is currently on the European region.
For orders > 1500 € there is the possibility of worldwide shipping!
Please contact us and we will ask our partner DHL International & DHL Express International for prices. Additionally we charge costs for:
– Handling costs before and after shipment (customs papers, telephone calls, e-mails)
– Shipping costs (air freight or via sea often very expensive >> 200€ / parcel)
The customer / recipient bears all costs for customs, import, VAT in the destination country and return shipments!
For price enquiries please write directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Soft Goods
Our soft goods (accessories, T-shirts, hoodies, caps, …) are shipped through our partner “Printful”.
“Hardware” and “Soft Good” are delivered at separate times.
The processing is completely external (order, printing, shipping) and can take up to 3 weeks depending on production capacity, product availability and delivery address.
But as Marilyn Monroe said:
“Anything worth having is worth waiting for.”
Production also takes place overseas depending on capacity. Customs charges may apply to some shipments. The fee may vary depending on the order value, country borders and other factors based on the product itself. The end customer is responsible for these fees. All fees are paid by the end customer to the relevant customs authority.