Field of application
The GTS “Friend” is not intended as a load-bearing main screw, especially in softwood its load-bearing capacity is limited – it is used in:
- Vertical loads: approx. 400 kg in softwood, approx. 800 kg in hardwood
- Horizontal loads: approx. 200 – 400 kg
- Position securing of smaller triangular construction
- The Securing the position of small platforms, staircases and supporting structures
- Installation of small canopies, awnings, suspensions, etc.
- Professional rolling pin
As a medium-strong cordless screwdriver is sufficient for installation (18 V; 4 Ah), it is also the perfect companion for a small secret forest treehouse!
- Special wood thread D40 Guaranteed secure hold
- TopSeal A slight thickening in the middle of the cylinder marks the exact screw-in depth of the tree house screw. At the same time, the conical thickening increases the accuracy of fit and strength of the connection and seals the borehole.
- Black KTL Coating
For fixing the support beams you will also need a support and possibly spacer rings!
- Certified DIN quality steel
- Dimensions: ltotal = 335 mm; lthread = 125 mm; lshaft = 210 mm; d = 40 mm
- Weight: 3170 g, including nut M30
- Pre-drilling: Auger Bit 36 mm
- Turn it in: 1″ Ratchet, nut M30 & socket wrench 46 mm
As the screw has no cylinder, mounting is very easy:
- Fix the exact position of the screw hole on the tree.
- Drill with Auger bit 36 mm a 140 mm deep horizontal hole.
- Clean the drill hole and turn in the screw.
What you need for mounting:
- GTS “Friend” incl. nut
- Accessories: supports, spacers, rope suspension
- battery drill > 18 V; 4 Ah
- 36 mm Serpentine drill
- Disinfection spray for cleaning tools and screws
- 1″ ratchet for screwing in the screw
- Prices incl. 19% VAT. (Germany) & plus shipping costs
- Delivery time within Europe Zone 1 max. 14 days (in stock)
- Delivery time for other countries in the EU: max. 21 days (in stock)
- More info here