TREEHOUSE SCREW – GTS ALLSTAR
Ultimate stability and safety
The GTS Allstar is the ideal attachment for all larger treehouse projects. Once mounted in the trunk, you can build on it for a lifetime and never have to worry about it again.
Our recommendation for all treehouses and trees with a diameter ø > 35 cm (14 in)!
You’ll get the NEW GTS ALLSTAR with improved Tree Thread 2.0 (photos to follow)!
incl. VAT plus shipping
|✓ Made in Germany||✓ 50 Years Warranty||✓ 30 Days Return|
Experience treehouse building in a new way
If the trunk diameter allows it (ø > 35 cm = 14 in), the GTS Allstar is always the first choice. It can be used to build a huge treehouse in both hardwoods and softer softwoods. The load-bearing capacity is excellent both vertically and horizontally. Reinforced with our Strut GTS+ or Cable Suspension Set, it is the safest solution on the market. It is not for nothing that the GTS Allstar is the best-selling Tree Screw in Europe!
Maximum load capacity
The ø74mm cylinder brings even the largest loads safely into the tree trunk. Vertically, the GTS Allstar carries up to 2,500 kg (5500 lbs) in softwood and up to 4,500 kg (9900 lbs) in hardwood. Horizontally, the bolt can take approx. 1/4 of this load.
The GTS Allstar can be mounted in any tree with a diameter of ø > 35 cm (14 in). Perfectly matched Accessories offer unlimited possibilities for anchoring the wooden construction in the tree. The extra-long shaft keeps the support beam at a distance and gives you plenty of room to manoeuvre.
For over 25 years
Our GTS attachment system is a further development of the American treehouse bolts “Garnier Limb GL” and “Treehouse Attachment Bolt TAB”. In the long term, this is the most tree-friendly type of attachment.
What is delivered?
1 × GTS Allstar (incl. Nut)
- Tree Thread ø40: Specially developed coarse thread for the tree guarantees high extraction resistance (500 – 1000 kg = 1100 – 2200 lbs) & optimal force flow.
- Cylinder ø74: The massive cylinder (ø 74 mm = 3 in) transfers even the largest loads safely into the tree trunk.
- Seal +: The larger cylinder seals the drill hole. Slight indentations indicate how deep the GTS is in the tree.
- Natural Transition: Over the years, the tree wants to overflow the Screw. This process is facilitated by the parabolic cylinder transition. The flowing transition acts like a natural branch.
- Shaft 40: With a diameter of ø 40 mm, the shaft can withstand even the highest alternating loads – peaceful sleep is guaranteed.
- Seamless: We do not use welded seams on our Screws – our new steel alloy makes the GTS indestructible!
- Black KTL Coating: The environmentally friendly coating process ensures optimum corrosion protection and excellent sliding properties. Thanks to the black appearance, the GTS disappears inconspicuously in the tree.
- Certified DIN quality steel
- Special steel alloy (shaft not weldable)
- ltotal = 450 mm (17,7 in)
- lthread = 105 mm (4,13 in)
- lcyl = 110 mm (4,33 in)
- lshaft = 235 mm (9,25 in)
- øcyl = 74 mm (2,91 in)
- øshaft = 40 mm (1,57 in)
- Weight: 6645 g incl. Nut (14,65 lbs)
- Article-No.: TTS1001
- HS-Code (Customs): 73181542
6 Treehouse Screws
Find the right Screw
The GTS Allstar is the first choice for all projects! Only for trunk diameters ø < 35 cm (14 in) or very small platforms, it makes sense to use one of the smaller GTS. Our Product Guide will help you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to mount the GTS in the tree?
Will my treehouse grow upwards with the tree?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to extend your ladder every year. Trees only sprout at the branch tips. The rest of the tree then only grows in width (thickness growth, annual rings). You can easily observe this by looking at the carvings on the trunk, they remain at the same height for the rest of the tree’s life – just like your tree house.
Can I also use screws from the DIY store to build a treehouse?
To fasten a tree house to the tree – No!
- The screws available in DIY stores are not designed for the extreme loads of a treehouse.
- Treehouse Screws are made of a special steel alloy, have a large diameter (ø = 40 mm) and an optimised geometry.
- The frequent alternating loads caused by wind fluctuations, which can lead to spontaneous fatigue fractures in normal wood screws in the long run, are particularly problematic.
- The treehouse construction must have distance to the tree so that it can grow further in width, the distance and the associated leverage forces can only be handled by professional Treehouse Screws!
Is my tree hardwood or softwood?
The decisive factor for anchoring the treehouse with Treehouse Screws is the compressive strength along the wood grain.
Hardwood (> 2.5 KN/cm²) – very suitable for Treehouse Bolts:
- Hardwoods: maple, beech, oak, ash, walnut, sycamore, robinia.
Medium hardwood (2 – 2.5 KN/cm²) – well suited for Treehouse Bolts:
- Hardwoods: birch, sweet chestnut, alder, cherry tree, lime tree
- Softwoods: Douglas fir, pine, larch, spruce, fir
Softwood (< 2 KN/cm²) – moderately suitable for high loads on Treehouse Bolts:
- Hardwoods: aspen, poplar, pear, horse chestnut, elm, willow
- Coniferous woods: cedar
IMPORTANT: These are only rough guide values – wood strength varies from tree to tree, from place to place and even within a tree! Wound healing and compartmentalisation also play an important role. You can find out how to analyse your treehouse-tree on this page: Which tree is suitable?
What is the difference between German Treehouse Screw, Garnier Limb & TAB?
Treehouse Screws or Treehouse Bolts are available from different manufacturers with different names:
- Garnier Limb GL (Michael Garnier, USA)
- Treehouse Attachment Bolt TAB (Pete Nelson, USA)
- German Treehouse Screw GTS (TheTreehouse.Shop, Germany)
All Treehouse Screws/Bolts function according to the same principle, differences exist in the manufacturing quality, the service (know-how, advice) and the associated price. The components of the different manufacturers cannot be combined with each other! The original treehouse bolts were developed over 20 years ago in the USA by treehouse pioneers Michael Garnier, Charles Greenwood and later Pete Nelson (TV series). TheTreehouse.Shop is the only manufacturer in Europe that works with metric measurements [mm]!
Our German Treehouse Screw (GTS) is the latest generation of treehouse screws. Our GTS are manufactured with the highest quality standards in Germany (near Munich) and shipped worldwide. Based on American models, our engineers have further perfected the Screw – our goal is to make treehouse construction even safer and assembly as easy as possible!