I love tree houses!!!
And now I sit here and try to express fair criticism beside the wonderful advantages of a tree house…
Let’s start with the drawbacks:
- Cost factor – a tree house is not favorable: from the self’s building with used material (> 500€), over the insulated house (> 4000€), up to the heated luxury tree house with sanitary facilities and high-grade steel slide (> 35000€) more to the costs here…
- Building permit & neighbourhood dispute: The explicit term “tree house” still does not appear in any building law, and court rulings on it are very rare. This is why many building owners save themselves the trouble of going to the authorities and simply build on it. To avoid stress and annoyance, you have to inform all neighbours and all affected persons about your building project in advance. It’s best to have a detailed draft and a signature for consent. For law and order this article provides…
- Tree lovers and nature conservationists: Some people are strictly against drilling trees – have good arguments ready;) Good arguments can be found here…
- Noise pollution: You can count on the fact that not only yours but also your children’s friends will be raving in the tree house – some neighbours will feel annoyed.
- Privacy: The view from the tree house does not only go into nature, but also opens up completely new insights into the sleeping chamber of your neighbours. Remember that deciduous trees only wear their dress in summer – some neighbours also feel annoyed here.
- The same applies to the eyeballs of their neighbours – some people don’t like the sight of a tree house, especially if they don’t have access themselves.
- Children no longer want to go home: Children often nest themselves in the tree house, encapsulate themselves from their family members, neglect and get a meter-long wisdom beard already in the prepubescent age.
- Parents no longer want to go home: the same thing is observed with their parents; they also like to flee to the new hiding place, cannot be reached for days, while the children push big resentments – the tree house was actually meant for them.
Now for the benefits:
- TAKE ONE’S TIME
- THROUGH BREATH.
- BACK UP
- TO BE FREE
- NO PC
- NO PHONE
- NO WITNESSES JEHOVAS
- NO DISTRACTION
- A RUHEOASE
- LAUGHING CHILDREN
- SOFT FACES
- DEEP CONVERSATIONS
- GOOD STORIES
- BEAUTIFUL PICTURES
- WITH FRIENDS
- WITH FRIENDS
Yes, I love tree houses!!!
I myself have a tree house, and for me it is a magical haven of peace even after years – only here do I feel how hectic and restless our everyday life has become: all the electronics we have in our hands and that actually has us in our hands; all the indiscriminate sensory impressions that flood us; all the background noises that constantly pelt down on us; all the negative headlines that we have nothing to do with; all the impure air that we breathe; all the hours that have been beaten to death.
This constant stress has become the norm for many people – they no longer know what rest really means – without a smartphone, without constant accessibility, without constant chattering, without having to fill every minute with an “important” occupation, restless and constantly live.
For me, the tree house is one of those places where I become human again, where I can let my soul dangle… I adapt to the rhythm of nature, get tired with the onset of darkness and the sinking temperature, wake up with the squirrel at dawn, my first breath cool and fresh, stretch myself, listen to the rustling of the leaves, enjoy the various birds that gradually wake up, and I realize something very important again – that I’m a part of it, that I’m just an animal to a certain extent, and that I need this feeling!
For me there are several places that radiate such a positive energy: A rippling stream, a raging river, the sea; an old tree, a damp autumn forest, a lonely peak, a snow-covered winter landscape – and these wonderfully peaceful and inspiring places are joined by my tree house – these places shake me up, ground me and remind me that life is not just about work, money and social recognition, that apart from constant progress and growth there is also something much more important: