Sliding Plate PE-HD
Build Movable Connections
A treehouse between several trees must be movable so that the trees can move freely, and the construction will not be damaged. With the robust PE-HD sliding plate, you minimize friction and decouple wooden beams, Tree Screws and the like – it works with wood-metal as well as wood-wood connections.
7,29 € 6,99 €
incl. VAT plus shipping costs
|✓ Made in Germany
|✓ 30 days return
Poly Ethylen High Density
is particularly characterized by its impact strength, temperature resistance and best sliding properties. The material is easy to cut and drill. Examples of use:
- Sliding surface between two wooden beams
- Build your DIY movable support for GTS Free
- Decoupling of platform beams between triangular constructions
- Sliding attachment of bridge or ladder to treehouse
What will be delivered?
1 × PE-HD Sliding Plate
- Manufacturer: S-Polytec (Made in Germany)
- Our PE sheets are made of high-grade solid core material and comply with the REACH and RoHS regulations.
- Very good impact strength even at low temperatures
- Good sliding properties
- High durability
- Food safe and physiologically harmless
- Material: PE-HD (Poly Ethylen High Density)
- Color: black
- Dimensions: 450 × 80 × 5 mm (17.7 × 3.1 × 0,2 in)
- Weight: 174 g (0.38 lb)
- Saw the board to the desired length with a crosscut saw or similar.
- Pre-drill the holes using a drill with a countersunk head.
- Screw (3.5 × 30 mm stainless steel wood screws) or glue the board to your support.
Delivery times, prices, returns
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my tree house grow upwards with the tree?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to extend your ladder every year. Trees only sprout at their branch tips. The rest of the tree then only grows in width (thickness growth, annual rings). You can easily observe this by looking at the carvings on the trunk, they remain at the same height for the rest of the tree’s life – just like your tree house.
How thick do my wooden beams need to be for the supporting structure?
The following rule of thumb is used to calculate the beam height h:
The beam width b should always be > 6 cm (> 2.4 in) so that you have enough space for screwing. Here you can find a detailed example calculation.
Can I also use screws from the DIY store to build a treehouse?
To fasten a tree house to the tree – No!
- The screws available in DIY stores are not designed for the extreme loads of a treehouse.
- Treehouse Screws are made of a special steel alloy, have a large diameter (ø = 40 mm (1.57 in)) and an optimized geometry.
- The frequent alternating loads due to wind fluctuations are particularly problematic – these can lead to spontaneous fatigue fractures in the long term with normal wood screws.
- The treehouse construction must have distance to the tree so that it can grow further in width, the distance and the associated leverage forces can only be handled by professional Treehouse Screws!