You are here: Home / Service / Installation Instructions /
Tool list and general assembly procedure
What tools do I need to build a treehouse?
Since you work almost exclusively with wood, the following tools are sufficient as basic equipment:
- Powerful cordless screwdriver with exchangeable battery ( > 18 V; 4 Ah)
- Measuring tool (tape measure, long spirit level, angle, plumb, distolaser, …)
- Hand tools (hand plane, chisel, saws, hammer, cutter, glue, …)
- Electric hand-held circular saw with rail
- Safety equipment (ear protection, gloves, goggles, helmet, climbing gear, …
- Ladders, scaffolding, ropes, pulleys, …
In addition to the basic equipment, we recommend the following:
- Large crosscut saw with angle adjustment
- Router with rail
- Small power saw
- Nail gun
Tips for assembling the platform in the tree
Erecting the platform is the most challenging part of building a treehouse – but in my opinion also the most beautiful! Once the platform is planked and you take your first safe steps, it’s an indescribable feeling.
Our years of experience as treehouse builders show: it is much more efficient to prefabricate the individual parts on the ground and then assemble them in the tree.
Sequence of assembly:
- Mount Tree Screws / support cables or set foundations.
- Attach substructure and main girders
- Fix the platform to the substructure
- Plank the platform with boardsPut up walls
- Seal roof
- Install doors & windows
- Fix railing
- Install access (stairs, ladder, …)
- Finishing & details
- Interior decoration
- Give the tree a big hug and thank it for housing you!