In order to eliminate fungal spores and foreign bodies, all tools that have contact with living wood (drilling, sawing, cutting) should be cleaned and disinfected immediately before use:
- Alcohol is best suited to dissolve organic compounds such as fungal spores, fats, pollen. Alcohol = Ethanol can be used either in its pure form (expensive because of alcohol tax – but drinkable – or as a mixture in the form of isopropanol, spirit cleaner for the household, or similar).
- Another possibility to clean the tool is to flame it with a Bunsen burner or similar.
- Do not use acetone – it is too aggressive and attacks plastic and paint!
- When using other disinfectants, please make sure that they are environmentally friendly and harmless to health.
- You can find more information on this under https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desinfektion