How to build your treehouse into a crooked or sloping tree:
Slight inclined trees < 10° are usually no problem with a stable tree trunk. However, the diameter of the trunk should be > 35 cm and the attachment point should not be too high (< 3 m) so that there is not too much leverage.
Consider how you will align the platform and where the main loads will act:
- Where does the leaning tree want to tip?
- Where do I position my treehouse to relieve the leaning tree?
- Where do I install my Tree Screws?
- Which Tree Screws can I use? GTS Top is only suitable for straight trunks!
- How do I fix my support beam? Does it have enough space?
- How do I fix a triangular construction in a leaning tree?
- What happens if there is a strong wind or snow load, or if the ground is soggy after heavy rain?
If the treehouse tree is more inclined (>10°), you might want to transfer part of the load to stilts to relieve the tree. You can find more information on this topic under: Which tree is suitable for building a treehouse?