What is the reason that the mother cannot be solved?
- No lubricant applied to nut during assembly
- Mother has seized up after a long time (similar to wheel nuts on a car)
- No PU glue in the tree during assembly (GTS sticks better in the tree)
- Tree screw is too loose (possibly drill hole worn out, insufficient pre-drilling)
Solution to the problem:
- Tear the connection with spray oil (WD40) and jerk firmly on the nut
- If that doesn’t work and the screw continues to turn: somehow hold the shaft of the screw with another tool (large pipe wrench, possibly with a rubber pad for a better grip)
- Drill the shaft outside the support with a metal drill or model it with flex to have a better grip on the pipe wrench (the area can be covered later with spacers)
- Question: Is it absolutely necessary to open the nut? If necessary, make your own spacer rings from high-strength plastic to clamp over the nut.