FORSTNER-BIT for GTS ALLSTAR
Special drill for pre-drilling the GTS Allstar
The GTS Allstar has a large cylinder in the middle, which is anchored 2/3 in the tree. To pre-drill the hole, you need this Forstner Bit with Guide Pin.
incl. VAT plus shipping
|✓ Made in Germany||✓ 30 Days Return|
The 7 cm (2,75 in) long stainless steel-pin slides perfectly into the ø 36 mm hole of the Auger-Bit. The coarse teeth of the Forstner bit with the sharp cutting edges also drill into harder wood without fraying the hole.
7 cm deep
The massive cylinder of the GTS Allstar is mainly responsible for the enormous load-bearing capacity of the German Treehouse Screw. For the Screw to work properly, the drill hole must be 7 cm (2,75 in) deep at the shallowest point.
The right drill machine
You won’t get far without a strong drill! Large cordless screwdrivers (>22 V; >5.2 Ah; >80 Nm) with a long handle are suitable! When drilling, always make sure you have a secure footing and that you don’t twist your wrist. Take a look at our detailed assembly video.
You can also borrow all tools (except the beautiful cordless screwdriver) in our toolbox!
What is delivered?
- Forstner bit ø 74 mm
- Stainless steel guide pin
- Hexagon socket for grub screw
Matching size and drilling depth
Our entire range gets by with only two drills (drilling depth in brackets)!
Auger-Bit ø 36 mm:
- GTS Allstar (18.5 cm = 7,3 in) + Forstner-Pin Combo ø 74 mm
- GTS Top (15.0 cm = 5,9 in)
- GTS Friend (14.0 cm = 5,5 in)
- GTS Free (13.5 cm 5,3 in)
- GTS Side (13.0 cm = 5,1 in)
Auger-Bit ø 24 mm:
- GTS Safety (14.0 cm = 5,5 in)
- Strut Support GTS (20 cm = 7,9 in)
- Strut Support Safety (20 cm = 7,9 in)
- Strut Support Platform (20 cm = 7,9 in)
- Details can be found on the individual product pages.
- Total weight: 1010 g
- Item number: TTS9000
- HS codes (customs): 82075090
We are happy to lend out our tools – more info here!
Delivery times, prices, returns
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I also use other drill bits from the DIY store?
Forstner-Pin-Combo – NO!
This drill is a special production that is precisely matched to the ø 36 mm hole of the Auger-Bit. Both bores must be accurate to the millimetre for the GTS to be fully functional and safe.
Which drill machine do I need for pre-drilling?
- For hardwoods (oak, beech, ash, …) the cordless drill must be a real powerhouse – the Auger-Bit ø 36 mm and the Forstner-Bit ø 74 mm require enormous power
- The most important thing is the torque, which should be > 120 Nm in hardwood and > 80 Nm in softwood.
- The drill chuck must have at least a ø 11 mm receptacle to accommodate our drills.
You can find more recommendations and tips in our FAQs.